[fpc-devel]I suggest a new FPC feature

Pavel V. Ozerski pavel at insect.mail.iephb.ru
Fri Oct 12 13:32:30 CEST 2001

>I don't understand this? There is no "delphi stdcall" or "fpc stdcall". The functionality
>of stdcall is the same. Only the codegeneration differs

The functionality is also not always the same: if inside "fpc stdcall" procedure something will change
these three registers, it will not always cause appliction crash because they will be retored before return.
Procedures/functions having default calling conventions and compiled with FPC or procedures/functions
declared as stdcall but compiled with Delphi are potentially more dangerous. "FPC stdcall" is something
middle between "Delphi stdcall" and safecall. I'm concordant with you, the functionality under normal conditions
is the same. But the situation with stdcall constructors demonstrates that the difference can be important somewhere.

Pavel