[fpc-devel]Two exes in one file

Pierre Muller pierre at freepascal.org
Tue Feb 13 16:57:40 CET 2001

At 16:36 13/02/01 , vous avez écrit:
>Dne 13. únor 2001, <fpc-devel at deadlock.et.tudelft.nl> napsal:
>

> > In theory it cerainly should be possible, but there is no built-in
> > support for such a thing nor do I know of anyone who has already done this
> > with FPC.
> >

> > Joans
>
>can be this as feature in new version ?

No, I don't think that this has a sufficiently common usage
that it might be considered to add it to the compiler.

>or is anybody who can write patch or crack (which can compile two exes in
>one?)

   This would require in particular to have a modified linker!
Currently the win32 version uses the gnu linker compiled for win32 target,
which just prints the standard "This program cannot be run in Dos mode"
To change this is probably not that easy....