[fpc-devel]Dynamic Libraries

Konstantin Muenning koko at muenning.com
Sat Sep 30 18:20:08 CEST 2000

Hello!

I am searching for the possibility to use dynamic libraries with FPC but
ones wich are NOT linked at startup but under the explicite control (and
request) of the executing program. I am searching for FPC equivalents of
the functions in Borlands WinProcs unit:

LoadLibrary
FreeLibrary
RegisterProc

I know how I can make/use these with Windows but I don't know if it is
present or even possible with Linux. Has anyone some experience (with C
and Linux is would be also OK for me) or is it maybe already present in a
current FPC version?

The reason I need this is to make a software wich has a library consisting
of procedures and functions, wich can be loaded at runtime. Something like
plug-ins.

Have a nice day,
Konstantin Münning              ,,,
www.muenning.com              ( o o )                  koko at muenning.com
       When all other means of communication fail, try words.
                               (-O-)
            Beware of Programmers who carry screwdrivers.
                                    -- Leonard Brandwein
                               (-O-)
   A mathematician is a machine for converting coffee into theorems.