[Pas2js] We need help !

silvioprog silvioprog at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 16:27:42 CET 2019

On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 8:19 PM Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The transpiler is growing to a more mature compiler with every release.
> There are 2 major 'modern' language features missing: Attributes and
> Generics
> (implying operator overloading).
>
> However, the transpiler by itself is not enough. A bigger ecosystem is
> desirable.
> To make pas2js a success story, we need some help to make it grow and
> spread
> the word.
>
> Currently, there are essentially 2 people working on this in a concerted
> effort.
> I am aware of some efforts to make widgetsets, but those are long-term
> goals.
> Short term, there are also plenty of small things that can be done to
> improve pas2js...
>
> We made a page with some ideas:
> http://wiki.freepascal.org/Pas2js_How_to_contribute
>
> Every contribution is welcome: examples, or even just a mention on the wiki
> pages of what you have achieved with Pas2js !

Awesome initiative! :-)

I would like to contribute more to the pas2js project, however, I'm also
involved in other projects -- including the ones I'm maintaining --, so, my
time is often short. Anyway, even under some time issues, I'll always be
trying to contribute with both Pas2JS and FPC.

> Also: if you have wishes, please let us know or better yet: include them
> on the
> above wiki page...
>
> Michael.

I would like to put the links of the TjsPDF/TChartJS online example to the
Pas2JS wiki. :-) (if someone has already done it, please share the link
with me cause I'll share it with some friends at Facebook/Whatsapp/Telegram
:-) )

--
Silvio Clécio