[Pas2js] CEF problem

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sat Nov 24 17:29:11 CET 2018

On Sat, 24 Nov 2018, Stephen Wright via Pas2js wrote:

> Hi all
> We have installed Lazarus version 2.1.0, with FPC version 3.3.1 in order
> to pick up latest improvements in pas2jscompiler (allowing it to compile
> itself).
>
> However we can not now compile the CEF3 package (cef3ref.pas(1577,1)
> Error: Local variables size exceeds supported limit).  Internet search
> suggests that this may require an earler version of FPC (3.0.2 ??) to
> compile successfully (https://github.com/dliw/fpCEF3/issues/55).
> Any advice ?

Hm. a strange error, specially since it is a real simple routine.

It compiles using the 64-bit linux compiler.

Could you please try the following: change the text parameter name with
aText. The "Text" identifier is somewhat special.

If the error persists please report it in the FPC bugtracker.
Be sure to paste the relevant code in the bugreport, so the compiler devs
see that it's really simple code which should compile.

If/When you do, please do send me the link, I will try to get it fixed.