[Pas2js] DataSet at the beginning

warleyalex warleyalex at yahoo.com.br
Sun Nov 11 13:40:56 CET 2018

While not being a direct answer to the question. These non visual components
used in the application

    Connection1: TConnection;
    DataSet1: TDataSet;
    DataSource1: TWDataSource;

has increased the JS output file size from 95KB to 260KB. The overhead of
using such simple components, I don't know I've been thinking it's not a
good idea to implement such components in pure "pascal" like TMS Web does. I
ended up spending a decent amount of time trying different things to get
this work.

To save some headaches, the JS libraries datastores are so huge these days
with agnostic functions like findById, deleteById, findByFieldName, etc. and
I was curious, it is a good idea to use such JS datastores libraries to
implement data stores in pas2js. I find it more flexible to use it.

--
Sent from: http://pas2js.38893.n8.nabble.com/