[Pas2js] Pas2JS component design, any feedback

warleyalex warleyalex at yahoo.com.br
Tue Jun 5 01:50:24 CEST 2018

Hi there, in my experimental Pas2JS project, today I've created a visual
lazarus component and its pas2js
corresponding version. When designing forms, you often use container type
controls to hold others controls. In complex form designs, where containers
are used within others containers. For instance, I dropped onto the form 5
components.

Take a look at https://pastebin.com/raw/LEn2Ryni

a) Before go ahead, I'm keen to get some feedback on the idea of providing a
simple component (lazarus visual component x pas2js component).

// OFF-TOPIC
b) Another thing, that's not necessarily a bad thing using a Framework with
Pas2JS. We have to consider that Pas2JS has its strengths and limits. Some
areas, Pas2JS is so rudimentary that, in practice, that RTL alone does not
provide a sufficient framework to development.

I've been thinking, it would be a nice idea to build a core framework build
on top of VueJS or F7 framework and or GreenSock libraries, just for
instance, when it comes to writing smart components, interesting components,
such as reactive components, it seems everybody ends up writing a framework,
it seems, likely waste a lot of time solving problems others have already
solved, VueJS here is a good alternative. The UI part could be implemented
on of TCustomComponent, both visual or non-visual components could be used.

It seems there's just a bit too much work involved to meet even baseline
expectations. A lightweight RTL infrainstructure is required, and result in
a decent small file size.

--
Sent from: http://pas2js.38893.n8.nabble.com/