[Pas2js] Pas2js 0.9.24

Ryan Joseph ryan at thealchemistguild.com
Sun Jun 3 05:12:49 CEST 2018

> On Jun 2, 2018, at 5:40 PM, Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:
>
> I have been working towards pas2js (in fact a full web development stack for FPC) since 2008 or thereabouts.

I thought this was something you made in a few months by hijacking the FPC parser. Big project I guess.

Since you mention it, how do you think pas2js compares against a framework like https://reactjs.org? I know a little about React except that it’s very popular and well liked. I always made web pages in HTML/CSS/PHP but maybe the next time it comes up I could use pas2js.

The first thing I notice is that React has a nice way to “intermingle" HTML right into the source (PHP was famous for this back in the day) but pas2js lacks this. Is making embedded HTML strings with interpolation of variables like React or PHP does something you thought about? Unless I’m totally off base tight HTML integration is paramount for front end web stuffs but maybe there’s a better way.

Regards,
	Ryan Joseph