[Pas2js] Pas2JS with Delphi7 IDE

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Fri Jan 19 14:35:54 CET 2018

On Fri, 19 Jan 2018 07:01:42 -0600 (CST)
warleyalex via Pas2js <pas2js at lists.freepascal.org> wrote:

> I can't believe I was using Lazarus dinosaur version. The new 1.9, I can't
> believe we have code completion, understands external classes interfaces.

Since a year.

> This is really nice!

See also:
http://wiki.freepascal.org/lazarus_pas2js_integration

> One thing I could'nt find is customize the compiler message (at the bottom
> part).  I remember the Display Hints, Warnings and Notes compiler flags are
> enabled: -vwnh
>
> In Delphi7 IDE, the compiler message, it shows something like:
>
> [Pas2JS] Writing configuration...
> [Pas2JS] Compiling Project4.dpr...
> [Pas2JS] Emitted JS output in Pas2JS Compiler version 0.8.44+beta
> [Pas2JS] Emitted JS output in Copyright (c) 2017 Mattias Gaertner and others
> [Pas2JS] Emitted JS output in
> pas2js\pas2js_0.8.44\packages\rtl\web.pas(823,5) Hint: Private field
> "TJSDocument.FLocationString" is assigned but never used
> [Pas2JS] Emitted JS output in pas2js\projects\proj4\Project4.dpr(7,3) Hint:
> Unit "Unit3" not used in Project4
> [Pas2JS] Emitted JS output in pas2js\projects\proj4\Project4.dpr(8,3) Hint:
> Unit "Unit4" not used in Project4
> [Pas2JS] Emitted JS output in pas2js\projects\proj4\Project4.dpr(9,3) Hint:
> Unit "Unit5" not used in Project4
> [Pas2JS] Emitted JS output in Info: 4499 lines in 7 files compiled, 0.3 sec
>

> whereas in Lazarus IDE the Compiler message, we have a non verbose:
>
> Project: Executing command before: Success, Hints: 1
> web.pas(822,5) Hint: Private field "TJSDocument.FLocationString" is assigned
> but never used

Lazarus by default hides the messages of not used unit in the dpr/lpr
file. You can show the hints by enabling
Project Options / Compiler Options / Verbosity / Show hints for unused
units in main.

Mattias