[Pas2js] pas2js app debugging

Mr Bee pak.lebah at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 24 16:12:51 CET 2018

> Indeed. I will fix the missing rtl.js. Strange no-one reported this yet!

Perhaps because no-one really try it yet? 😊

> What do you mean with "my repo" ?

https://www.freepascal.org/~michael/pas2js/

In each case, pas2js requires trunk. This is for sure.

pas2js v.0.8.39 from your repo works with fpc v.3.0.4. I think support for
fpc stable is really important because most people use it rather than the
trunk. Especially since pas2js is now officially being part of fpc project.

Check the browserconsole unit. For the moment, it just allows writeln() to
> write to a "console",
> My plan was to improve it so it can also do a 'readln' - this should be
> fairly easy.

I think I better wait for the official version. :)

A CRT unit would just need to define a matrix of DIV elements <div
> set the inner html of the correct div. Using CSS color can be easily
> simulated.

What about a full CRT compatibility? Including the readkey(), keypressed(),
clrscr(), etc. Is it possible?

I'm also thinking about Graph unit as well, but more modern than classic
Graph unit.

If you want to take a shot at it, and need help/ideas, just ask.

Actually, my javascript is very poor. In fact, I hate it. That's why pas2js
is really interesting to me.

BTW. Please mail with your correct address to the mailing list, you are
> subscribed with a gmail address, but your posts are with a yahoo address.
> Now I need to moderate your messages...

I'm really sorry for that. It's my mistake, I should have subscribed with
the yahoo mail. The yahoo mail has better username but I prefer gmail
service so I forward all yahoo mail to gmail and reply from gmail. I didn't
realize it would be a problem for a mailing list. I just subscribed with
both email address, I hope that would fix the problem. I apologize for the
inconvenience that I made.

–Mr Bee