[Pas2js] Dataset improved

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Mon Dec 31 21:23:11 CET 2018

On Mon, 31 Dec 2018, warleyalex via Pas2js wrote:

> TMS Web Core looks for TLongintField class sometime when we set a field as
> Integer at EditField/ClientDataSet, I suspect we have to declare at the unit
> "DB"

Not sure I understand this ?

> type
>  TLongintField = TIntegerField;
>
> The TWebClientDataSet class inherits from the TDataSet, where locate method
> lives in. I didn't investigate the issue deeply.

Locate in TDataset is empty. It must be implemented in descendents.
For Pas2JS this is done in JSONDataset.

> https://www.dropbox.com/s/nfzpkt1p0ewnlbw/pas2js_locate_example.rar?dl=0

As far as I know, TWebClientDataset cannot inherit from TDataSet, it would
be empty ?

In each case, TMS Web core does not yet have a "locate" implementation, their
latest release predates the implementation of "locate".

Can you please try to reproduce the issue without using TMS Web core, with
plain pas2js ?