[Pas2js] The goal of pas2js

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sun Dec 30 17:59:44 CET 2018

On Sun, 30 Dec 2018, warleyalex via Pas2js wrote:

> Michael said: "I wish to repeat that the goal of pas2js is to make pascal
> available in the browser.
> The goal is not to make pascal resemble Javascript."
>
> However, I wish the general purpose and were not limited to pascal available
> in the browser.
> Pas2js should be an full extented feature language; the language can support
> several syntax and features/extensions introduced similar to Delphi Prism /
> Oxygene / DWScript / FPC, as well as various language extensions, "make
> pascal resemble Javascript".

Well, it is open source. you are of course free to fork the project.

Some of the things you ask will definitely be done, but not all.

The features that exist in Delphi/FPC will be ported. But we will not enter the
"complete" Javascript syntax world.

But if you want all Javascript features, simply program Javascript.
With Typescript, you'll have complete javascript and type safety on top.