[fpc-pascal] Custom file drivers

Anton Shepelev anton.txt at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 15:18:51 CEST 2018

Marco van de Voort to Anton Shepelev:

> > The  documentation  on  the  FILE and TEXT types
> > says that "nothing prevents the programmer, from
> > writing  a  file driver that stores its data for
> > instance in memory." Is there  a  more  detailed
> > instruction or an example illustrating how to do
> > it?
>
> Have a look at unit streamio in  package  fcl-base
> (packages/fcl-base/src) which redirects a textfile
> to a stream.

Thanks.  That one works  with  TEXT  overriding  its
functions   openfunc,   inoutfunc,   flushfunc,  and
closefunc, whereas the structure FileRec has none of
them  and contains only a THandle member.  Does that
mean that one can write a custom driver for TEXT but
not for FILE?

--
Please, do not forward replies to my e-mail.