[fpc-pascal] Bitmap-as-const-and-write-to-file-thingy

Marc Santhoff M.Santhoff at web.de
Wed Sep 19 23:58:36 CEST 2018

Hi,

a program im fiddling with uses exactly 2 small .gif pictures that are to be
stored in the code and written out to the file system.

For several reasons - no gif writer, complicates ressouce file handling,
linking fpimage or similar - I want to handle those files directly in code,
having an array of hex bytes and some code writing those consts to file.

What I need:

- A program taking a binary file and spitting out pascal code for the const
array. I know I have seen such program in the past, but do not know where.

- Some hints on using this constant for making files out of them. Currently
I'm plannig to use a TFileStreaam writing out Bytes, should do.

Any pointers or hints, please?

TIA,
Marc

--