[fpc-pascal] Where can I download the fpc 3.0.0 seed compiler for Linux on i386 x64?

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 23 17:08:40 CEST 2018

Bo Berglund <bo.berglund at gmail.com> schrieb am Di., 23. Okt. 2018, 17:02:

> I want to build FPC/Lazarus (3.0.4/1.8.4) from sources on a new Linux
> (Ubuntu 18.04 TLS MATE) using an i386 family CPU.
> AFAIK I need to have the fpc seed compiler in order to do this.
>
> But this is a hen and egg problem, how can I download the compiler
> needed to build 3.0.4 on this Linux machine?
>
> I have had the same problem for RaspberryPi computers in the past but
> then I managed to get hold of a seed compiler and now there is no
> problems installing fpc/lazarus on RPi boxes.
> Different story with Linux on a PC (with Intel CPU)...
>
> Grateful for any links to a working seed compiler.

Why don't you simply use the distribution independent release of 3.0.4?
E.g. from here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/freepascal/files/Linux/3.0.4 (you're
looking for fpc-3.0.4.i386-linux.tar). You can install it in any location
you want and only need to setup PATH accordingly afterwards (I do the same
on my Linux systems for the releases).

Regards,
Sven