[fpc-pascal] GLPT v0.1.1 released

Ingemar Ragnemalm ingemar at ragnemalm.se
Tue Oct 9 07:19:21 CEST 2018

Any work on OpenGL is of interest to me. I am working with it every day,
have written two course books, a GLUT replacement and numerous demos,
most in C though (because my students don't learn Pascal any more).

Two things come to mind:

Yet another API for GUI-OpenGL glue? I would suggest that the closer to
an existing API (i.e. GLUT) the better. You are fairly close now so
maybe making it a GLUT replacement is just a matter of renaming?

All your demos are old-style. I can't even see a single shader anywhere.
I think you should use modern OpenGL more. For instance, I have made a
modern version of the dear old Gears demo:

http://computer-graphics.se/demopage/glut-gears.html

Not converted to C yet, but it is converted to modern OpenGL. I also
have a bunch of other demos that exist in FPC versions that you can have.

/Ingemar