[fpc-pascal] Order of Precedence: FPC/Delphi vs Java

Sat Oct 6 20:51:42 CEST 2018

On 03/10/18 20:05, Santiago A. wrote:
> What does java does? I don't know. Perhaps it just rounds the output,
> try  System.out.println(ans==0.0). Perhaps it uses a high precision that
> *in this case* gets always 0.

I investigated that too. Under Java, double is always 64-bit based. So I
guess the same reason 64-bit FPC had no issues with the calculations either.

"double: The double data type is a double-precision 64-bit IEEE 754
floating point."

  --
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/java/nutsandbolts/datatypes.html

Regards,