[fpc-pascal] Building FPC from sources on Linux Mint 19, make clean errors out

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 13:30:27 CET 2018

I have jsut createda virtual Linux Mint 19 x86_64 machine on which I
attempted to install FPC 3.0.4 and Lazarus 1.8.5 (the fixes branch).

I got as far as:
- FPC 3.0.0 seed compiler downloaded
- FPC 3.0.4 sources retrieved via svn
- Lazarus 1.8.5 sources retrieved via svn

I went into the ~/dev/fpc/3.0.4 dir and issued make clean expecting
not very much activity.
But what I got surprised me:

~/dev/fpc/3.0.4$ make clean
make: -iVSPTPSOTO: Command not found
/bin/rm -f build-stamp.*
/bin/rm -f base.build-stamp.*

As far as I can remember I have not been requested to add any other
argument to this command before (I have built FPC/Lazarus on a number
of different Linux machine using the exact same procedure).

What does this mean and what can I do to fix it?
Does it need to be fixed?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden