[fpc-pascal] Management operators question

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at hajny.biz
Fri May 25 18:11:58 CEST 2018

On Fri, May 25, 2018 17:27, Maciej Izak wrote:

>> The sentence above is not appropriate, please adjust your communication
>> and stop blaming people for revenge, etc. You'll receive an official
>> statement to the previous events from the FPC core team during the
>> weekend. Also, note that this is a FPC mailing list, not a 'NewPascal'
>> mailing list - make sure your posts are on-topic with regard to FPC.
>>

> Ok, thanks :). Let me just say few more things related to your message and
> let me to ask few small questions.
>
> * Is that mean that any messages about MSELang or about NewPascal is
> forbidden in this mailing list?

They may be relevant when making comparisons (when prompted to do so by
one of the users, etc.), but not for announcements / "PR" messages. Feel
free to use fpc-other for that.

> * Sorry if my statement about revenge is untrue, but this is look like
> this. Why one of FPC core developer can say everything in public place in
> not appropriate way?

Nobody should use inappropriate languague in the mailing list, full stop.
I'm not aware of a 'FPC core developer' doing so but if this happens, I'll
send a moderation message as well - feel free to send me a private e-mail
about such cases if I miss them.

> * Is there any consequence for Michael?
 .
 .

This question is not on-topic and no discussion should be held about it in
this list. If you persist on discussing it in one of the FPC mailing lists
(rather than waiting for the promised summary), use fpc-other.

 .
 .
> * How any other person outside core team can contribute to FPC project? It
> seems impossible, even when you do all with "FPC core" requirements and
> with full consultation, point by point at the end you need to read :
 .
 .

As witnessed by all the contributions incorporated to the FPC source code,
it is certainly possible.

 .
 .
> Is that normal in all open source project? (no irony here I have just no
> idea).

Yes, it is. Any open source project needs some kind of management,
otherwise it results in a disaster. Noone guarantees that each and every
contribution will be incorporated. As you certainly know, you are free to
fork the project (it's an open source) and try to manage your fork better.
But then it is not the original project any longer.

> I have hope that official statement will explain all things. I am waiting
> for any concrete message almost since month.

We are all working on FPC in our free time as a hobby. There are no SLAs
with guaranteed response times.

Please, make sure not to respond to this message in this mailing list, no
further reactions would belong here.

Tomas