[fpc-pascal] Management operators question

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at hajny.biz
Fri May 25 16:10:19 CEST 2018

On Fri, May 25, 2018 15:16, Maciej Izak wrote:
> fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org>:
 .
 .
> even you were against when patch for management operators was ready, so it
> is not nonsense. The MO is not the part of official release and it exist
> only in trunk, so potentially still may be removed. Just 1 + 1
> calculation. The work is discontinued and MO without further work / other
> features is not fully usefully so removing MO from trunk seems for me like
> rational step. Am I wrong in some point? If yes then please explain me :).

I assume that the functionality added to trunk (and as far as I remember
also announced in the list) was finished to the extent that it works and
may be used (although with some possible limitations), otherwise there
would be no sense in adding it to trunk at all. As such, it's as supported
as any other part of FPC (i.e. bug reports and feature requests may be
created, etc.). If it doesn't work and noone can fix it, it might be
removed (as with any other unfinished and not working feature), but I
don't have any information about this. Could we focus the discussion to
real problems, if necessary, rather then speculations?

Thanks

Tomas