[fpc-pascal] FPC code to migrate Outlook PST file to MBOX format?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Wed May 23 14:19:20 CEST 2018

Hi,
I need to switch away from using Outlook 2003 to something sensible
like Thunderbird. But when I do I need to keep my mail archive, which
is stored in multiple very big PST files, each organized in a
folder-subfolder tree. It covers the time from about 1998 to now..

I have tried to find some working converter software available on
line, but I have failed. Tried a few but they seem to lack the ability
to handle the internal folders of a PST file.
One in particular show the full structure of the PST file I select for
conversion so it looks like it would work. But in the end there is
only a flat view of email in Thunderbird when I use the created MBOX
file.

So now I wonder if there is some FPC code around that I can tailor to
my needs? It seems a pity that the PST -> MBOX conversion should be
such a problem....

The files are real big so I think I will need the 64 bit capability of
fpc, which I have installed on my laptop.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden