[fpc-pascal] FPC on Android tablets: ARM, x86_64

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Sat May 12 19:59:49 CEST 2018

On 11/05/18 15:15, Alexander Grotewohl wrote:
> FPC for ARM works correctly with termux, but the program to generate
> fpc.cfg does not, requiring some manual configuration to get it to find
> the included units, etc.

I've copied over a preinstalled x86_64 compiler etc. from my desktop
system to a tablet and individual programs appear to be executable,
which is quite an achievement in itself: eat your heart out, Dynabook :-)

I agree that fpcmkcfg looks to be a bit of a problem. On one occasion it
deigned to tell me that there was an fpcmake (?) problem, I'll see if I
can get a better grip on it.

Basic operation of the the text IDE appeared OK, as did a program
written using a text-mode dialogue editor (Dialedit3b); however I
suspect that an abrupt switch from landscape to portrait mode is likely
to be a problem.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk