[fpc-pascal] FPC on gaming consoles: XBox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Thu May 10 05:46:56 CEST 2018

> In our previous episode, Michalis Kamburelis said:
>>
>> 1. XBox One. It uses an operating system based on Windows 10. As such,
>> maybe compiling FPC programs for it is already possible (or is easy to
>> add)? Maybe I can even just run a normal Windows exe on XBox One?
>
> As far as I know Xbox One uses UWP/WinRT binaries, so the same format as
> Windows "apps".

Aha, so it would be a new target for FPC, right?

Do I understand correctly that at least UWP/WinRT is normally
documented by MS, and implementing it in FPC just waits for a
contributor who has time to do it? There are no legal hurdles around
it?

Thank you everyone for the answers. Keep them coming:)

Regards,
Michalis