[fpc-pascal] How to list USB devices on Windows?

Marc Santhoff M.Santhoff at web.de
Thu Jun 28 00:25:12 CEST 2018

On Wed, 2018-06-27 at 07:32 +0200, Bo Berglund wrote:
> I am writing a class that interfaces to a specific USB device HID type
> and I would like to list all such devices currently connected to the
> PC (usin Windows).

[...]
> Is there some way I can do this on Windows so I can create a list of
> the device type I work with?
> Or is there an FPC command already?

I have some code in Object Pascal doing such stuff. The problem with it is, it
has no copyright string or author anywhere. I even don't know where it is
from, it's one of the pieces of code collected when stumbled upon, thinking
"this will be useful later"...

I can send it in private or post it here on the list or on pastebin. Maybe the
author can be identified?

I hesitate calling it public domain, but the code snippets I collect are
exactly that, visible for everyone, from postings on forums and the like.

--
Marc Santhoff <M.Santhoff at web.de>