[fpc-pascal] Default record fields

Anthony Walter sysrpl at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 17:08:24 CEST 2018

They are the same as Free Pascal packages, that is a collection of units
which can be compiled separately, but with the added ability to be loaded
and unloaded after a program has started. Presumably there also exists some
dynamic package utility functions built into the system unit that also
allow users to search through a package and find units, variables,
functions, and types found in the package, then bind to these things while
the program is running.

Example usage of this would be to allow components to be installed inside
the Lazarus IDE without the need to rebuild the IDE. Also, users can design
programs that allow for plugins in the form of dynamic packages. Finally, a
possibility also would exist to write a package browser that could examine
packages and tell you what's in them without having to parse source code.

I'm sure there's more that can be done with dynamic packages, but I think
you get the idea.

Sven says dynamic packages are coming, but a few independent things need to
be completed. Sven, do you care to add anything?