[fpc-pascal] Default record fields

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Fri Jun 22 15:32:55 CEST 2018

On 06/22/2018 01:19 PM, Karoly Balogh (Charlie/SGR) wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Jun 2018, Ryan Joseph wrote:
>
>> I want to do a pivot away from the macro stuff to ask another question.
>> Since I’ve wanted to contribute to the compiler for so long and I
>> finally have a little understanding I’d like to know if there’s anything
>> minor I could do, that isn’t offensive to the compiler team.
>
> <rant>It's not about the compiler team. It's about the integrity of a
> programming language, which doesn't matter these days a lot, when all
> languages turned into a feature race to provide the same broken concepts,
> but with slightly different syntax. Nevermind. I sometimes do not even
> understand how people did stuff for 50 years without
> TObjectClassAdvancedTemplateGenericRecordRTTI...</rant>

I read Ryan's mail as an attempt to get involved in some
compiler-development. And he's wondering what a nice task could be.

Can't we think of something? Maybe he can help with the last parts of
the modules-support from Sven.
Or with the merges of the Attributes branche that I once started.
Although I know that it's high on Sven's todo-list.

Maybe both topics are to difficult. But maybe something else? Some
optimisation?

Regards,

Joost.