[fpc-pascal] Free Pascal console programs on Android are easy

Paul Breneman Paul2006 at BrenemanLabs.com
Wed Jun 20 18:01:36 CEST 2018

On 06/04/2017 08:00 AM, Paul Breneman wrote:
> On 05/09/2014 07:06 PM, Paul Breneman wrote:

>>> Well, maybe I can wait on doing more with Free Vision and use fpGUI
>>> instead!  :)
>>>
>>> GNURoot has been updated!  See this text: "WheezyX rootfs type added -
>>> it has Xterms working. After launching it, use a vncviewer on your
>>> Android device or you PC to connect to it."  Now I hope to get Control
>>> Terminal working (first for WiFi and Bluetooth, then with USB OTG for
>>> Ethernet and Serial)!
>>>
>>> http://turbocontrol.com/gnuroot.htm
>>
>> I just updated the above web page with a Control Terminal console
>> program that uses Synapse to get the header of a web page.  Nice to
>> see what can be done with a 2 MB zip and Free Pascal and Synapse.
>> Thanks for the great tools!
>
> Can I reply to a 3 year old message? I could use some help and feedback
> with this *simple* topic!
>
> GNUroot (with new Android versions) no longer works with Free Pascal so
> I made this new page that has a link to a new wiki page:
>    http://controlpascal.com/self-hosted.htm

There is a *new* Android program *UserLAnd* that replaces GNUroot so
hopefully we'll soon have Free Pascal working again on Debian on
Android: www.turbocontrol.com/userland.htm

Yes, I know that Free Pascal works on straight Debian (and Raspbian)...