[fpc-pascal] Proper preprocessor?

Ryan Joseph ryan at thealchemistguild.com
Wed Jun 20 16:34:01 CEST 2018

> On Jun 20, 2018, at 9:06 PM, Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:
>
> So, it really is not dogma, but a simple weighing of pros and cons.

Thanks for your input guys. If it’s going to mess up PPUs and break things then that I’m satisfied that’s a good enough reason not to include it.

My impression was it was trivial extension to the current macros system but the compiler team was adverse to the idea because it creates “bad code” and all the other (very reasonable) reasons to not use macros in code (I read some old threads to this effect). It’s hard to understand why the current macros can’t be extended so I suspect this issue will just keep coming up over and over again.

Regards,
	Ryan Joseph