[fpc-pascal] Proper preprocessor?

Ryan Joseph ryan at thealchemistguild.com
Wed Jun 20 15:33:03 CEST 2018

> On Jun 20, 2018, at 6:37 PM, Mark Morgan Lloyd <markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk> wrote:
>
> I've done my fair share of language advocacy in the past and in general am no friend of C, but I suggest that a number of people- on both the "pure" and the "pragmatic" sides of the argument- could very much do with "cooling it".

I don’t understand why there's so must resistance to letting programmers make ugly macro hacks if they want to. Why does anyone care if I have some edge case and I need a solution quickly which macros fulfill? The compiler should be helpful, not force into some programming paradigm and best practices etc.. etc…

Regards,
	Ryan Joseph