[fpc-pascal] Feature announcement: Dynamic array extensions

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Sun Jun 3 18:20:29 CEST 2018

On 03/06/18 14:30, Ryan Joseph wrote:
>> On Jun 3, 2018, at 9:07 PM, Marco van de Voort <marcov at stack.nl> wrote:> > But nobody + an item to their item list. The operator is "+" not "add".
> What other operators could be used then? There’s only so many characters on the keyboard after all.
> My only interest is because it’s fast to type and looks nice. Swift allows you to overload any operator in the unicode set so we could make up our own crazy stuff. :)
> list • 1; // list.Add(1);

All of the predefined ones have the problem of clashing with arithmetic
use in numeric vectors. I'd note that Perl uses . but my preference
would be _ (followed by whitespace, or at least not by something that
would make it look like a variable name).

People with deeply masochistic tendencies might appreciate the link
below, if unavailable Google might have a cache.

http://www.dlugosz.com/Perl6/web/APL.html

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:ag72S4uAW30J:http://www.dlugosz.com/Perl6/web/APL.html%2B%22provide+SIMD+processing+without+writing+explicit+loops,+and+APL+also+has+the+feature%22&client=firefox-b&hl=en&ct=clnk