[fpc-pascal] Feature announcement: Dynamic array extensions

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 2 15:10:43 CEST 2018

denisgolovan <denisgolovan at yandex.ru> schrieb am Sa., 2. Juni 2018, 10:28:

> Yes, I strongly support removing that functionality in favor of user
> operator overloads or vector-compatible way.

To clear something up: this new operator will definitely not be removed.
Period.

What might be done however (and what I had planned) is that existing
overloads of the "+"-operator take precedence to the internal operator.

Though I wouldn't mind introducing a syntax that can be used to force a
element wise operation on a array. This way one wouldn't need to do the
overload for the array, but the compiler would pick the operator of the
element type instead.

Regards,
Sven