[fpc-pascal] Feature announcement: Dynamic array extensions

denisgolovan denisgolovan at yandex.ru
Sat Jun 2 09:17:44 CEST 2018

> By all means, please reconsider this, and leave me the choice to define the
> operators. If I want "+" for concatting, it is trivial to define it myself.
> I don't need the language to force that and eseentially destroy operator
> overloading for mathematical operations on dynamic arrays.

Same here.

The semantics for vector operations on arrays was thoroughly explored in vector languages (APL, A+, J, K, etc).
Doing per-element dyadic function application is the basis for it. Having proper operators overloads is crucial.

@Sven
Please reconsider "+" operator for arrays if your changes really forbid to overload operators for arrays now.

Regards,
Denis Golovan