[fpc-pascal] Feature announcement: Dynamic array extensions

Nitorami mneubauer at alice-dsl.net
Sat Jun 2 00:19:35 CEST 2018

> ## "+" operator
> The compiler now implements a "+" operator for arrays which is the same
> as if Concat() would be called on the arrays.
> Note regarding backwards compatibility: existing "+" operator overloads
> for dynamic arrays no longer compile.

Are you serious ? I have been using dynamic arrays a lot for processing of
vectors and matrices containing floating point values, and implemented the +
operator to do the obvious, add the elements of two vectors, NOT to concat
them. This is just natural for floating point vectors, similar as with other
basic mathemetical operators as *,-, /.
Even if the "+" has always been used to concat strings, I find it a really
really bad idea to extend that to danymic arrays.

--
Sent from: http://free-pascal-general.1045716.n5.nabble.com/