[fpc-pascal] Syntax changes suggestions

Reimar Grabowski reimgrab at web.de
Thu Jul 19 03:08:41 CEST 2018

On Wed, 18 Jul 2018 15:39:58 -0600
Ryan Joseph <ryan at thealchemistguild.com> wrote:

> 1) For high performance situations it really does matter... <snip> I was doing a game engine recently and doing the create/free thing when I knew I didn’t have to was painful.

For high performance in a game engine you should not allocate/deallocate memory in the game loop at all (can be done, have done it*, so no arguing there). Increases the performance and frees you of doing "the create/free thing", that's killing two birds with one stone. Outside the game loop you do not need such a 'high performance' anymore.

R.

*The game uses procedural/random level generation and depending on skill there can be over 300 levels in a single run, with all allocation/deallocation happening before/after a run.