[fpc-pascal] Syntax changes suggestions

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 16 22:28:06 CEST 2018

Am 16.07.2018 um 19:55 schrieb R0b0t1:

>> - Try except finally blocks
> I can support this one, I am surprised it is not already supported.
> Wasn't this mentioned in another recent thread as existing? Does it
> exist in at least Delphi mode?

This is not supported and the last time it was discussed here on the
mailing lists it was shot down (though I can't find the thread
currently...).
Also why should it exist in Delphi mode when Delphi does not support it?
(Yes, there are some features that work in Delphi mode that Delphi
doesn't support, but in generic the purpose of mode Delphi is to support
Delphi code)
> FPC is already lacking in some major ways compared to Delphi. The main
> one I can think of is anonymous functions. If anyone could implement
> that the community would benefit immensely.

As I had already written you on the Forum ( http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,39051.msg269034.html#msg269034 ) this is WIP and you could help the author if you wanted.

Regards,
Sven