[fpc-pascal] Embedding DLL into EXE for Windows 32 bit?

Zoe Peterson zoe at scootersoftware.com
Sat Jul 7 10:04:21 CEST 2018

> Since this maker does not have an OBJ file to link with I thought I
> would ask if it is possible to embed the DLL functionality directly
> into the exe?

There are a few options:

1) Include the DLL as a resource and extract it to a temp location
before loading it

2) Load it directly from memory using a third party unit like this:
https://github.com/Fr0sT-Brutal/Delphi_MemoryModule

3) Codesign the DLL and executable and verify that they haven't been
modified. There's code to do that on Stack Overflow, though it wasn't
tested on Lazarus:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5993877/checking-digital-
signature-programmatically-from-delphi

--