[fpc-pascal] fpdoc error with XML parsing

wkitty42 at windstream.net wkitty42 at windstream.net
Tue Jul 3 18:52:47 CEST 2018

On 07/02/2018 07:07 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> From that error message it doesn't seem to like the "--macro" part inside the
> xml comment. It seems fpdoc wants to process that "--" as the end of the
> comment.

this was where i was headed... if the multi-line comments work properly, perhaps
it is the "--" being misinterpreted...

> As a test I replaced the two "--" parts in the comment on line 3 with a
> single "-" each - just to test. Magically fpdoc now processes the XML file
> without issues.

it seems to me that the end of the comment should be being hunted as "-->"
instead of just "--"... i don't know the code, though...

> Using Mozilla Firefox (the web browser) and opening the original XML file, it
> too fails with a validation error. So I guess "--" is not allowed inside a
> xml comment block.  Another reason to dislike XML. ;-)

that's interesting... perhaps there's some form of escaping "--" in comments??