[fpc-pascal] TFPGObjectList error

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Mon Jul 2 13:36:56 CEST 2018

In our previous episode, Michael Van Canneyt said:

> > From what it looks like, this is built on the CHM format files? If one could
> > figure out what they use, maybe that would be a step in the right direction?
>
> The CHM manual generation is as problematic as the indexing itself.
> And the CHM search index is generated by Windows on first use, as far as I know.

No. Both a index as a fulltextsearch is generated during CHM compilation,
either by fpdoc or by fpcdocs/compilelatexchm.pp (for ref,prog,user)

You can view the index in textual (XML) form using

chmls extractindex <chm file>.

compilelatexchm doesn't generate a full text search (afaik for fpdoc it was
a 3rd party patch to enable it (Vincent?)), mostly because I don't much
about it.  TBD.