[fpc-pascal] TFPGObjectList error

Martok listbox at martoks-place.de
Mon Jul 2 13:33:00 CEST 2018

Am 02.07.2018 um 11:46 schrieb Michael Van Canneyt:
> The CHM manual generation is as problematic as the indexing itself.
> And the CHM search index is generated by Windows on first use, as far as I know.
Hm, okay. Not really helping then, sorry.
> They never were designed to be interlinked:
> The programmer's guide contains advanced topics, which the beginning
> programmer does not need at all.
There are a few exceptions (i.e. "prog:8.2.1 Integer types" links to the ref),
but yes, I'm aware this was intentional.
Just wanted to suggest that sometimes it would be nice for newcomers to be
reminded that these advanced sections exist in the first place. Especially when
things are different from TP and Delphi (or even the C equivalents of an
expression), one might not find this information at first, even if it's there:
take Willibald's recent question about managed Result vars, the recurring
question of what precludes inlining, or my confusion about the subtly different
range type system. The information is there, but next to impossible to find
unless one already knows where it is.

Martok