[fpc-pascal] Trying to compile ZeosDBO cli program

Terry A. Haimann terry at haimann.us
Tue Feb 13 14:48:19 CET 2018

I really do not understand your response.  If you are talking about
Lazarus, I already have it working there.  I am wanting to get it to
work from a command line batch program using fpc.  Using fpc I do not
know how to set required packages and from fpc I do not know where a
Project Inspector would be.

Mostly, at this point,I want to compare ZeosDBO's performance against
SqlDB.  I know how to do this with SqlDB, but think it's performance is
lackluster.

Terry H

On 13/02/2018 04:50 πμ, Terry A. Haimann wrote:
> First of all, thank you for looking at this, Terry H.
>
> To compile a cli FreePascal program to use ZeosDBO library, I assume
all
> I have to do is include the path to those files.
>
> On my laptop, the files appear to be in:
>
> /home/terry/ZeosDBO/packages/lazarus/lib/x86_64-linux
>
> Well after adding that to the path and put ZConnection in the uses
> clause, it comes up with a "Can't find unit ZConnection"

you do not add the path (remove it) you add the ZeosDBO package to your
required packages. Open the project inspector and select add new
requirement. that will sort the file not found out for you.