[fpc-pascal] Operator overload resolution with arrays

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 5 14:51:58 CET 2018

Am 05.02.2018 13:02 schrieb "Martok" <listbox at martoks-place.de>:

Hi all,

I'm having some logical problems with fgl generic lists and operator
overloads.
This is essentially the same issue as discussed last year on the forum as
<http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php?topic=36089.0>.
I know how to work around it, just... it doesn't seem very consistent.

While specializing the compiler only uses operator overloads (and helpers)
that have been in scope during the declaration of the generic or those that
are part of the types that are used for the specialization. This is
definitely consistent.
While I do plan to test what happens if I allow units that were not part of
the generic's scope during its declaration that has the potential to open a
whole new can of bugs.

Regards,
Sven