[fpc-pascal] Unbuffering I/O

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Wed Aug 29 17:01:54 CEST 2018

I think I've seen this question asked before, my apologies if this was
recently.

I've got two programs intended to be functionally identical, one in Perl
and the other in FPC. They read a unix-domain datagram, decode the
message, and emit output; if this goes to a file then it's reasonable to
monitor it using  tail -f

Perl has a variable that you can set to force output to be unbuffered,
with the result that as soon as a message is output it's in the file in
its entirety.

Is there an equivalent for Pascal, or should I be using something like
fpSync(stdout) at opportune times?

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk