[fpc-pascal] Docs: portability differences between Borland/FPC

Florian Klämpfl florian at freepascal.org
Sat Aug 18 23:26:38 CEST 2018

Am 18.08.2018 um 22:59 schrieb Martok:
> Hi all,
>
> There is the old "Porting TP" document at <https://www.freepascal.org/port.var>, but it is rather incomplete (and probably on an
> older language level). It also covers mostly syntactic differences - things a programmer will notice because of the error messages.
>
> Since #34140 was again someone tripping over an obscure difference between what is documented for the Borland compilers and what
> is not actually documented in FPC (there's a reason #16006 has so many dupes), I've started writing up some of these things that
> I could think of right away on the wiki, for now as a draft under my user namespace:
> <http://wiki.freepascal.org/User:Martok/Portability_Issues>

"For example in Delphi, Percentile above is a Subrange of the Host Type Integer, so it could contain any value of a
32bit Integer."

This is plainly wrong, at least for the older delphis, the host type in delphi will be Byte (or even Shortint). Please
note also, that Delphi shows exactly the same behavior as FPC if you replace 99 by 255.