[fpc-pascal] Stack alias for ARC like memory management?

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Thu Apr 26 09:21:04 CEST 2018

On Wed, 25 Apr 2018, Ryan Joseph wrote:

>> On Apr 25, 2018, at 9:18 PM, Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:
>>
>> Available libraries for common programming tasks - and I mean this on a high-level
>> level - are infinitely more important, so I don't need to get down to the
>> gory details of many tasks:
>
> what kind of applications are people using FPC for in 2018?  Honestly I’m
> only going to be using FPC in the future for games or real time graphics.
> Maybe GUI’less apps like servers if I ever had a need.  Not sure what else
> I could do with it.

A strange point of view.

>From my point of view, you can do anything with FPC.

Why would you not be able to build a GUI app with FPC/Lazarus ?

The only difficult thing at this point - from my point of view - is
interaction with some Microsoft products such as an exchange server,
Active directory etc. where all the 'easy access' methods are only
available as .NET assemblies.

And even so, with these things more and more moving to the cloud, FPC
becomes again an option if you need to access these services.

Michael.