[fpc-pascal] Stack alias for ARC like memory management?

Ryan Joseph ryan at thealchemistguild.com
Wed Apr 25 15:52:58 CEST 2018

> On Apr 25, 2018, at 8:42 PM, Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:
>
> 'make it competitive with new entries in the market' is not a goal of the
> free pascal team.
>
> This is a hobby project for most devs. Monetary gain is not a goal.
>
> Probably sounds like an anachronism in this day and age, but there you are...

That’s what I thought initially. I understand Pascal is a hobby for many here and they’re doing their best to keep the language alive in the face of an ever changing market. Personally I just want Pascal to be the best it can be so I can continue to use it in the future without making more and more compromises in productivity.

The team has done a good job keeping up with the best (or at least popular) new ideas in programming (like Generics, records with methods, interfaces) and that’s why I like to share what ever ideas I have in case they’re useful. Small things like “constref” are nice and go a long way to making the language feel good to use.

Regards,
	Ryan Joseph