[fpc-pascal] Syntax to select constant or variable with function call

James Richters james at productionautomation.net
Sun Sep 24 21:07:54 CEST 2017

Thank you for explaining how to achieve this.
I am curious about the meaning behind the prefixes you used:
>  TVGA256Array = Array[0..255] of VGARGBRec;
>  PVGA256Array = ^TVGA256Array;
Do the T and P in front of VGA256Array have a special meaning or significance?   I see things like that all the time, but never really understood why there are these designations.

I should have mentioned that not all my arrays are [0..255], Most are, but I have some that are [0..15] and one that is [1..14] Is there a way to implement a variable size array and somehow use the array minimum and maximum element in the for loop?

> The loop can still be optimized, but that is another topic.

Please elaborate, how this loop could be optimized?  I've been trying to think of ways to improve it, and suggestions would be most welcome.

James