[fpc-pascal] TP compatibility: procedural type

Anton Shepelev anton.txt at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 14:47:03 CEST 2017

Marco van de Voort to Anton Shepelev:

> > I  have  a related question which seems unworthy
> > of a new thread.  I can't compile  this  program
> > with -Miso:
> >
> >   Program Test;
> >   var object: integer;
> >   begin
> >   end.
> >
> > Free Pascal tells me that
> >
> >   test.pas(2,5)  Fatal: Syntax error, "identifier"
> >   expected but "OBJECT" found.
>
> Works fine here with 3.0.0 and trunk with -Miso (I
> tested  by  issuing  fpc -Miso test.pp on copy and
> paste code above)
>
> Afaik hiding reserved words was a 3.x feature,  so
> it might not work with older versions.

That  explains  it.   I  have 2.6.4 and will upgrade
now.  I am not an enthusiast of adding lots  of  new
features,  as  C#  and Java do in every new release,
but the hiding of reserved words where they have  no
meaning is certainly a good idea.  Thank you.

--
Please, do not forward replies to my e-mail.