[fpc-pascal] no fpc.exe file after installation

Florian Klämpfl florian at freepascal.org
Tue Oct 10 21:39:19 CEST 2017

Am 10.10.2017 um 21:17 schrieb Graeme Geldenhuys:
> On 2017-10-10 19:54, Florian Klämpfl wrote:
>> Well, lack of manpower is not that odd:)
>
> Isn't building the installations automated tasks?

No. As building is not the main work, but creating, maintaining and testing the installer scripts
is. For win32 hosts we have:
- win32
- wince
- win64
- android
- jvm
- msdos

> So reallocate the man power for creating the win64
> cross-compiler, and let them rather spend the time on creating a native 64-bit Windows compiler and
> installer.

You are aware that fpc is an open source community project so the possibility to "reallocate" man
power is basically zero?

> I wonder what is the ratio of users now for 32-bit Windows vs 64-bit Windows?

No idea, I do not care. I still need win32, so I take care of those. As win64 installers would
double my work without any benefit for me, I do not create them. But as said, fpc is a community
project, if somebody cares, he is welcome to make scripts for win64 inno installers and take care of
the releases.

I do, sometimes, http://build.alb42.de:8080/