[fpc-pascal] getting cross with the cross compiler

pascalX at piments.com pascalX at piments.com
Tue Oct 10 12:23:14 CEST 2017

On 10/10/17 10:25, Sven Barth via fpc-pascal wrote:
> Am 10.10.2017 08:08 schrieb <pascalX at piments.com
> <mailto:pascalX at piments.com>>:
>
>  > $make all         NOGDB=1 OS_TARGET=linux CPU_TARGET=x86_64
> INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr
>  > Makefile:2914: *** The only supported starting compiler version is
> 3.0.0. You are trying to build with 3.1.1..  Stop.
>  >
>  > BTW is  that msg  is correct? I just built with 3.0.2 , it seems that
> the version block is not specific enough or the message missed a version
> bump.
>
> Yes, the message is correct as you're trying to build trunk with a trunk
> compiler (the Makefile even says you're trying to use 3.1.1). Only a
> release compiler (currently 3.0.0 or 3.0.2) is supported.
>
> Regards,
> Sven

You were mis-reading what I meant. I know it is supposed to complain
when I  use 3.1.1 , my point was the messages said I should ONLY use
3.0.0 when in fact I can and have used 3.0.2 without the version trap
being triggered.

So what is the REAL condition which needs to be satisfied and which is
tested for ?

Is it any 3.0.x , or any 3.0.x where x is even?

Or is the trap incorrectly letting 3.0.2 through.

I suspect the message text is wrong. I was trying to bring that to the
attention of someone why may fix it if needed and seek clarification on
what is supported.

;)