[fpc-pascal] Finding long file names

James Richters james at productionautomation.net
Sat Oct 7 01:04:45 CEST 2017

>I can't reproduce it here. Would you please provide a self contained, small example plus information about the OS, filesystem and compiler as well as a list of filenames to test with?

Well, here’s some good news, I was cutting and pasting my code to make a self contained example and I found my problem, but to my surprise, my sample program was working fine.. I had to do a lot of digging, but I finally found the problem…  There was some old code left over from the dos days to identify files by extension that wasn’t working right with more than one ‘.’  I modernized the function and it’s working great now!  I thought I took care of all the Dos limitations over a year ago, but I missed this one.  Thanks for the help, knowing it was working for someone else got me to the problem.

James